On the other hand, even though the 64GB version is only $100 more than the 32GB, the reality is that I'll never have enough space for everything. It might take me a little longer, but the 64GB version will get just as full as the 32GB one. So to save a bit of money, I'm thinking the 32GB version is a good compromise.
And when it comes to 3G or not 3G, well, as I already said, I have an iPhone, and though the built-in 3G could be handy, I don't think it will be imperative. So I'll save another $130, and get the 32GB Wi-Fi version.
Of course, I know that I could be wrong, and that extra 64GB might be the difference between having my entire iTunes library, and having to manually manage music. And I might find that the 3G could be damn useful for all kinds of tasks when out and about with the iPad. I just don't know.
But I'm never going to know the answers to those questions until I've had the thing for a month or two, and I have to make a decision now. With limited information.
So I'm going to go with the 32GB Wi-Fi version and see how it works. There's always eBay. Alternatively, I'll just wait for the next version and give this one to my daughter.